About the Event
In the context of the Russian military invasion in Ukraine, questions arise around how companies can operate with respect for human rights in these difficult circumstances. The webinar will explore questions such as:
- What does it mean for a company to conduct its activities with respect for human rights in the current context related to Russia and Ukraine?
- What do companies need to consider when conducting human rights due diligence, given the current situation?
- What guidance do the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights offer companies?
- What do companies need to consider if they want to cut ties with Russia? How can businesses exit – or stay – responsibly?
- Dr. Evelyn Dietsche, Swisspeace
- Ron Popper, Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
- Jamie Williamson, ICoCA
- Sibylle Baumgartner, focusright
- Claude Voillat, International Committee of the Red Cross
This webinar is organized in cooperation with the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO). It is part of measure 3 “Promotion of UN Guiding Principles” of the Swiss National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights 2020-2023 (NAP).
For more information, refer to: www.nap-bhr.admin.ch/napbhr/en/home.html